MISAO Project inviting your CCD images contribution.
The offered images are examined by the PIXY (Practical Image eXamination and Inner-objects Identification) system 2 developed in the MISAO Project and searched for new objects such as variable stars.
The new objects will be reported to the public as collaborated discovery of the image contributors and the MISAO Project.
The magnitude of known variable stars are also measured and reported as MISAO Project observations.
For more details on the copyright of images and data, please read Copyright of images and data.
The acceptable images for the MISAO Project are what satisfy the following conditions.
- CCD images.
- No other image processes are performed except for dark subtraction and flattening.
- Saved in FITS, MTF, or SBIG format.
- Pricise exposure date and time is recorded with errors around 1 second.
- Approximate R.A. and Decl. of the center is recorded.
- Filter is recorded.
To offer your CCD images, please make a contact to:
Seiichi Yoshida firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have already measured and reported position or magnitude of some stars in the images, please tell us in advance.
Especially in case of supernova observation images or asteroid survey images.
Please submit the information sheet of the following data too when offering your images.
- Exposure start date and time, and exposure time
* If recorded in the file header, you do not need to copy it to the sheet.
* Only the date and time of the exposure center is also acceptable.
- R.A. and Decl. of the center
* O.K. even if very rough.
- Field of view of the image width and height.
* R filter, IR-cutting filter, etc.
- CCD chip
* The product name is also acceptable.
* The telescope, the focal length of camera lens, etc.
- Your name
When the filename shows the R.A. and Decl., or other information, it is O.K.
If there are some other notes, please tell me. For example:
- North is top, west is right.
- Unsigned value is recorded.
Example of the information sheet
I send you 10 images.
* Information on each image
Filename R.A. Decl. w h Inst.
Hale-Bopp/19970201/01.fts 19 40 30 +15 28 0 1.3 0.9 A
Hale-Bopp/19970201/02.fts 19 40 30 +15 28 0 1.3 0.9 A
Hale-Bopp/19970201/r01.fts 19 40 30 +15 28 0 1.3 0.9 A
Hale-Bopp/19970201/r02.fts 19 40 30 +15 28 0 1.3 0.9 A
Hale-Bopp/19970201/v01.fts 19 40 30 +15 28 0 1.3 0.9 A
Hale-Bopp/19970201/v02.fts 19 40 30 +15 28 0 1.3 0.9 A
others/M1.fts 05 34 30 +22 01 0 0.8 0.55 B
others/M13.fts 16 41 42 +36 28 0 1.3 0.9 A
others/M31.fts 00 42 42 +41 16 0 1.6 1.1 C
others/M42.fts 05 35 24 -05 27 0 1.6 1.1 C
* Common information among images
My name : Seiichi Yoshida
CCD : SBIG ST-9E
A : 0.25-m f/6 reflector
B : 0.32-m f/6 reflector
C : 0.18-m f/3.3 reflector
Rc-filter was used in the case of the following two images.
V-filter was used in the case of the following two images.
Others, no filters.